Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Living in a waking dream
The sounds all seem to weave into my bloodstream
Cause I can’t hear out of one ear
Got me hypnotized on your eyes
Blank stare
Shake off the unclear
Try on a new lifestyle
Feel what its like to live out of routine
To feel a different way
For your in a situation for a moment
Each instant you decide where to place yourself for what your after.
Got time to wait.
I’ve got the clock that’s tuned with sunlight
And I’ve got the calendar of nature’s axis as it spins me round.
I can heighten my chances of an outcome to be achieved
But I can’t spin the clock.
I can’t feel what its like to be you.
I’ve got my memories almanac of the past
And I dwell on the future with them and how they made me feel.
The options aren’t unreal.
I’ve got a lot of places to go.
Got a lot of people I’d find interesting to know.
Good and bad things happen all over the place.
In time and space - the surfaces of what surrounds -
Of what survivals instinct has engrained in all of us.
The learned association to remember pleasure from pain.
Where this brain’s got me giving a purpose to life.
To profit what I think is right.
Traveling in the sky today.
Maybe I’ll hear out of both ears at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment